Thursday, May 15, 2014

Always Perfect Chocolate Cake


The weekends coming up and I wanted to end this week on a sweet note. I'm sharing my favorite Chocolate Cake recipe of ALL time. It's my favorite because it turns out the same EVERY time, always perfect and moist. I just hate all the time to bake a cake and it turns out dry, don't you? Not this cake, not ever. I use all organic ingredients, whole wheat bread flour, and special dark cocoa, but the great thing about this recipe is that even if you change out the ingredients to your favorites, it still turns out great!





Ingredients

{for cake}


  1. 1 3/4 cups organic whole wheat bread flour
  2. 2 cups organic cane sugar
  3. 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  4. 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  5. 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  6. 1 tsp. salt
  7. 2 eggs
  8. 1 cup whole milk
  9. 1/2 cup coconut oil
  10. 2 tsp. vanilla
  11. 1 cup bowling water
Heat oven to 350*. Grease and flour bundt pan. Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl or stand mixer. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water {batter will be thin}. Pour into pan and bake for 50-55 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 to 20 minutes then turn out onto cooling rack to cool completely.

{for icing}

  1. 1 stick organic unsalted butter
  2. 2/3 cup cocoa
  3. 3 cups organic powdered sugar
  4. 1/3 cup whole milk
  5. 1 tsp. vanilla
Melt butter and stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar then milk beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount of additional milk to thin if necessary. Stir in vanilla.



This cake is so fast and easy! It's so yummy and pretty enough for company. Have a glorious Friday everyone and let's all eat some cake! Chocolate makes everything better!

Linking up at  My Repurposed Life and Snippets of Inspiration and, Baking in Pyjamas

              SixSistersStuff.com
 </

9 comments:

  1. Yes Please! Yum! Thank you so much for linking up to the Feature Friday Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe - thanks for sharing and linking up with us at the #WWDParty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for having such a great link-up party!

      Delete
  3. Visiting from G'day Saturday Link Party. I love how dark this cake us, I love dark chocolate so I'd love to sink my teeth into this. Pinned. I co-host Sweet and Savoury Sunday and would love for you to stop by and share this and other recipes with us when it goes live on Sunday night. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I would love to come over to your place; thanks for asking!

      Delete
  4. Hi - I've come over from Sweet and Savoury Sundays - your cake looks so moist and tender that I had to stop and let you know! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Come by again real soon!

      Delete
  5. This looks sooo gooey moist & yummy!! I've never cooked w/coconut oil (just put it on my face :) I can't wait to try it :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete